Monday, May 12, 2008

Elevator or Stairs???


Hey folks , after experimenting with a tearjerker song and the public display of my sketching histronics , i now present to you a real life incident which has a inherent learning attached to it.


This incident is not an old one. It was a sunny May morning, my bus was in my office campus at 8:15am (our driver is quite punctual u see :) ). I was following the usual routine of walking from Bus bay area to my Tower. As always i swiped my card to the ground floor attendence tracker and rushed to the elevator. Though i am on a dieting spree , my laziness prevented me to utilize the staircase till 2nd floor. I boarded the elevator , and mind you this elevator is famous for its temperament :). Its "Out of service" most of time , just like our cricketers :). I was all alone in the elevator and just as the elevator's door were almost closed, i got shock of my life.Out of the blue the Elevator's power supply was switched off. I had never experienced such a situation before but then there is always a first time:).


Fortunately there was a slight opening between the elevator door , through which i could peep.I tried opening the doors but nothing seemed to favouring me .To my rescue a girl came to the elevator and all i could say to her from the opening was "It is stuck!". She helped me and we were able to open the elevtor gates huge enough for my escape.


After this adventerous experience i took the road not taken (staircase in this situation:) ) and reached my cube. I was retrospecting the whole incident when i got a "Good Morning" mail from my friend.He is famous for sending these sweet and meaningful morning mails that really kick start your day.


But this mail was quite special coz it said:-
Hard work is like the stairs and Luck is like a lift.Lift may fail sometimes but whatever may be the occasion, stairs will always get you to the top.


I couldn't interpret if the incident was a teaching in disguise to me,was it a divine message to me.I am still searching the implication of the incidence and would like to know your take on it :)

But a simple lesson to all of you : Take stairs instead of Lifts coz (1) It's a good workout (2) I got a helping hand but one is not always lucky :).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I will remember this learning experience of urs dii.. :) n will go for stairs always... waise bhi in amity lift is only for staff :P so no option-- but stairs>>> n that too till 4th floor :D but now m used to it.. :)
Regards
Sanah Kapoor
:>$<:

ShruWorld said...

Thanks Sweety :)